For more than 1,000 years, Scandinavian nursing mums have been using natural seashells to protect their nipples. Placed directly on your nipples inside your bra, the combination of breast milk and the coolness of the shells will relieve the soreness as well as prevent and protect sore cracked nipples.
The shells are a gift from Mother Nature and come from the tropical waters of the South Pacific. Mer’veilles Natural Nursing Shells are carefully hand-selected, polished and are 100% natural and reusable. This natural and beautiful resource is safe for you and your baby.
They also look beautiful and make you feel like a mermaid.
- Breastmilk has powerful healing properties and offer antibacterial protection to cracked nipples, allowing them to heal quickly. The excess milk is collected in the shells and enable your nipples to bathe in the liquid gold
- The few drops of breastmilk collected in the shells keep your nipples moist and prevent them from cracking
- The coolness from inside the shell soothes pain and calms any heating sensations
- The shells protect sensitive nipples from rubbing on bras and clothing that cause more pain and discomfort
How to use
- Wash before the first use with hot water and mild soap and rinse thoroughly. Wash regularly. Do not boil the shells
- After each feed, spread a few drops of your breast milk all over the nipple and place the shell on top of your nipple inside your bra. Ensure you have clean fingers
- You can wear a breast pad over the shells to avoid any leakage
- Keep the shells on your nipples in between feeds
- You may want to store the shells in the fridge overnight to feel the instant cooling effect when placed back on your nipples. If you have 2 pairs, always keep one in the fridge
- If you suspect you have an infection, do not use the shells and contact your health provider
- Do not use the shells for several hours at time (including overnight)
- Do not use the shells if you are allergic to shell fish or mother-of-pearl
- Do not leave the shells within reach of baby and children
From the 8th month of pregnancy, measure your areola and select the size range. We recommend you choose a size that will cover the whole diameter of your areola
- Small (5cm to 5.5cm)
- Medium: 5.5cm up to 6cm
- Large: shells above 6cm
For areola bigger than 6cm, we have bespoke pairs. Please contact us directly
If you have any issues with the size of your shells we will exchange them for free (except return fees).
Note: Coming from Mother Nature, there are no 2 shells that are exactly the same. Although they are selected carefully to make the best pair, the colours, shape and measurements may vary slightly.